Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Flight

 I heard a noise and looked up to see what was flying overhead making such a racket. But my eye got caught on a tree and a blue symbol that was that changed in the wind. It reminded me of a Chinese character though more complicated and morphed into other symbols as if a flashing bill board was introducing the producer of the sound over head. 


 The geese cast a shadow over me and made a splash as they came to the water below.


 One banded for tracking as I was now doing visually. The pair seemed devoted to each other as they preened and looked for anyone with a crust of bread.
 Baths were apparently in order. I assume it had been a long flight. It was probably cooler in the water than in the air as well.
Joining the many fowl, the geese dominate the crowd. Ducks, Coti, and other Geese call this lake home certain months out of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment