Friday, July 19, 2013

Shooting Letters

I saw this technique and really enjoyed shooting and putting this CD cover together. It makes you look differently at the world. It is kinda fun that way. My goal was to take recognizable photos of Phoenix that everyone would know. 


The K was made to look like only part of it was painted. I added pealing paint  to the parts that are not the K so that the K pops out This is not the exact photo but I had to change the exposure severely so that branches show up to look like a Y.

Again I had to change the exposure to make this work out. The orange made a good O.


Palm trees are all over the place in Phoenix. They trim them up and when they do they kind of look like a T.




 Saguaros are prolific in the Southwest and this one with the little arm kind of looks like a J.
Looking for Zs. I found this one on a chicken farm. I did the same kind of thing with the K. In fact I used part of the chipping paint on the slats to make the K look like parts of it hadn't been painted. 
This is an unusual cactus. Can you see the Z? Believe it or not it actually is one cactus.

No comments:

Post a Comment