Thursday, June 27, 2013

Wild Wild West


I grew up watching westerns. I preferred monster movies but my father was enamored with the west and western music. I learned to marginally appreciate Hank Williams and Tennessee Ernie Ford. I drew the line at Elvis. I had rejected everything western but have changed because of my best friend. She loves horses and cowboys and I just like things that are old so we can enjoy the west together for our different reasons.

These pictures were taken on a trip to Greer. I like this old wagon wheel...because it is old. I love how my mind fills in the cut off spaces.

This wide shot has whimsey because of the half haphazardness of the poles. Your eye travels off the page looking for the end of the line.

I love this little ant. He looks so intent on where he is going.The perspective of this picture is fun because it is like being eye to eye with this little critter. Taking pictures from different levels makes them interesting and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment