Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Beach

 Boy do I love the beach. The smell of rotting crustaceans, the arpeggios of the waves, the roar of the surf are all endearing to me. I know some people like to be in a forest or the dessert but for me it is the beach. I love to feel the squish of wet sand between my toes and making sand castles, tunnels or drawing giant pictures in the sand. I love the treasure hunt of shells, and seaweed and agates. I love how the sun warms your bones and how well I sleep after a day at the beach. I like the seagulls who hover off the cliffs like kites without string.
I love the lace that is formed every time the wave crashes and covers the rocks, white with churned up oxygen. The power of the surf pounding again and again on the sandbar. The perfect and beautiful curve of a wave. The comfort of the towel when drying off and then wrapping it around my shoulders in a hug. I love to play with God as he tries to get my feet wet. I can't keep myself from giggling.

I love the storms too. The sound of the rain hitting the windows with fierce fists of water pounding as if demanding to get inside. Roasting marshmallows by the warm fire or reading a good book. I love the musty smell of dried shells and the dusty furnace rattling into submission. I love the mix matched furniture, place settings and linen as they greet me with old world charm.
I like to put verses on my pictures. It gives them purpose and ads 1000 words to his beautiful holy ones. It embellishes, and supports the words with proof and hopefully makes something even more beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment