Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Mesa Verde, Colorado





I wasn't sure about going to this place. I get easily board with Indian things and ruins. Mesa Verde has many ruins to choose from and many hikes that challenge those from lower elevations. I found it interesting that they would climb the rocks to get to their farms or to get water from seep springs. They also climbed in and out of their kivas which were cool basements that they used for living rooms where they worshiped as well as educated and entertained. The fun part of the tour for me was the ladder and rock stair system as we headed out. If felt like I was sharing an ancient experience.

We had a nice spring day so it wasn't too hot. I wouldn't recommend going if you struggle with health issues or if you don't carry a water bottle. Even in spring the water bottle was essential.

No comments:

Post a Comment