Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Moon and Super Moon

When I was a kid there was a lot of talk about going to the moon. I always wondered what the moon thought of me and why it had so many faces. When I found out that God let it govern our tides and moods I was a little surprised at how much God had knit the world together in an intricate web.

 Where I live the moon rises. I have never seen it bigger than in the desert. A super moon means that it is closer and brighter but to me it means that I might get a chance to capture one of its faces. Can you see it too? These two pictures of it were taken about a year apart. I am fascinated to see that it has rotated a bit to the right and you can pick out eyes better. Someday this moon will be red. Someday this moon will be no more. Until then it is super.

No comments:

Post a Comment