Friday, June 7, 2013

Tulips


















Tulips are my daughter's favorite flower. And so this is dedicated to her. Woodburn, Oregon has fields and fields of them. Every year they have a contest on the best picture taken. While my photos didn't make the cut, the concept was exactly like mine. I love the idea of walking down a path being greeted by this happy flower.

The petals are so delicate and offer variety in color and in shape. Taking pictures from different angles and different focal lengths has given some of these photos visual interest that they wouldn't have had otherwise.





















Even flowers taken in a home garden from their level draws the viewer into the photo.









This is a painting of one of my photos. It is a macro detail of a bunch of flowers I brought home one day for my daughter and the subject was so interesting to me I just had to get out my camera. What I captured was so interesting, I had to paint it.


No comments:

Post a Comment