Monday, August 26, 2013

Just Couldn't Do it

Normally my camera goes everywhere I do. On this latest trip it was with me but in the car. We took my youngest to college and unpacked the car but I didn't feel like lugging my camera up three flights of stairs after lugging her stuff up there three times.

I wanted to take pictures of her getting packed up but was busy helping her find room in the car. I wanted to help her get settled but realized it was her room and I didn't want to stand in the way of her getting things into place.

I saw a good friend, the mom of one of her roommates and I didn't snap a picture. We went to lunch and had great conversation, and I didn't think of it.

I wanted to take pictures of roommates, their moms, new boyfriends, of decorations and of the room but I just couldn't do it. I was so emotionally strung out that I forgot to take pictures! Now I have nothing to show for the trip but a few pictures other people took on facebook. Remorse has definitely set in.

No comments:

Post a Comment