Monday, August 5, 2013

Mesa



 Sometimes I can find interesting subjects in the oddest of places. Downtown Mesa is a great place to find little visual treasures.  A lamp, a door, a sign, all have some whimsy when filmed by themselves. I used to wonder as a kid if they would come to life like a cartoon. I often looked for facial features in these objects. Lamps make easy eyes.
 This door has options for eyes in the hinges or in the handles. I love the high forehead.

Some of the art is whimsical too. This one looks like it has fly away hair.









The old Levi building has been recycled and is being reused. I like how they kept the history as they re-purposed the building. The lamps look like bug antennae though.















 This is such a beautiful gate. It looks like something that should be guarding a church.



 Fresh perspective is can make something new and unusual. Sometimes you just have to get eye level with the subject and shoot it from a different angle to get something that is interesting to the eye and a level that we don't normally see. It makes me imagine what a toddler or a small pet might see. Of course the stunning visuals would get lost on both so getting the shot makes me feel like I have captured a rare moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment