Thursday, October 17, 2013

Green

A lot of things have happened since I last wrote. I have been busy packing as I move to the Northwest. I am so excited about so many things but mostly, I can't wait to take more pictures. There will be so much green to explore. Here is a little bit of green trivia. This is important stuff...if you are playing a trivia game...but otherwise useless.

Green trivia:
Green was a sacred color to the Egyptians representing the hope and joy of Spring.
Green is a sacred color to Moslems.
Japanese Emperor Hirohito's birthday is celebrated as "Green Day" because he loved to garden.

It is said that green is the most restful color for the human eye.
Green has great healing power. It can soothe pain.
People who work in green environments have fewer stomach aches.
Green is beneficial around teething infants.
Suicides dropped 34% when London's Blackfriar Bridge was painted green.

I am looking forward to hope, joy of spring, to heal, soothing of pain, and fewer stomach aches. Maybe I will paint my future house green so less people commit suicide. I am also looking forward to the rain! *squeal*

1 comment:

  1. Sherie my name is lynn I live in Granada Estates and wanted to try to put a simple web page together for Granada residents you think you could help me?

    ReplyDelete